Monday, May 18, 2009

The Absolutely Amazing Anne Judson Yager!








Anne Judson Yager is no stranger to the big screen. She has played the lead role in several films including Whittier in the movie, Bring It On. She is currently playing Maggie in the on-going internet series, Catch. She spoke with me about acting among other things. I found her to be very down to earth for someone who has walked the Red Carpet more than a dozen times...

Anne, I've noticed when you are playing the "good girl" on screen, you're a blond and when you're the "bad girl" you are a brunette? Is this deliberate or just my imagination? I heard when Sara Jessica Parker plays her "darker" roles she tends to do this too. Are you blond?

There is something that is down right priceless about the ability to change your hair as a woman. Many woman get dramatic cuts and colors after breakups and during big changes in life. It definitely brings out different sides of ones personality. As an actress it's no different. Maggie, the character that I play in the Internet Series Catch is just like many women. Although she goes through a few more dramatic changes than most. You'll see her (and her hair color) change quite a bit. Yes, I'm a blond.

James Huffman (the writer, director and producer of the Internet series, Catch.Com) has often said he loves working with you, do you feel the same way about working with him?

James Huffman is a multitalented visionary. He's one to keep your eye on for sure. When I heard about the projects that he had slated and the vision he has for Indie City, there was no doubt that I wanted to be a part of it.

How did you meet up with such a dynamite group that is known as IndieCity Productions?

I met James through a lucky frequent flyer mile incident. My parents came out to visit for Christmas but because of the restrictions on their air fair, they had to leave early Christmas morning. A girl friend of mine invited me over and James Huffman happened to be there as well. We started chatting, he invited me to an Indie City meeting and the rest is history in the making.

What was your childhood like, were you encouraged/discouraged to act?

I spent most of my summers making up games and shooting my own films and shorts. Fortunately I was supported 100% My parents have always done they're best to see my vision for my life and not just their own. Everyone should be so lucky!

Would you want your own son or daughter to get into acting?

Hmmmmm. That’s a tough one. I would say that if there is anything else in the world that would make you happy, do it. If not, and acting is something that you HAVE to do, then go for it! There are challenges and rewards in acting that nothing else can bring.

How do you manage to keep it together with all the pressure...is it easy for young starlets to break down like we've seen (Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton) do? What advice do you have for young actresses out there?

The advice I would give young actresses is to take the time to figure out what it is that you really want to be putting out into the world. Start creating the career that you want through your thoughts and then go speak it into existence.

You played the lead role of a high school character in the extremely successful, Bring it On Again. At the time, were you also in high school yourself, how did you manage to graduate with the making of the film? (Home school?)

I was already out of High School when I played Whittier. And actually the movie was set in College. It was the sequel to Bring it On which was set in High School.

You are an amazing actress who can easily shift from one emotion to the next and you are very believable. What was your training? Is there a consistent technique that you use?

I've studied with Arthur Mendoza who studied under Stella Adler for 11 years and with Shari Shaw who is the personal coach to many stars. I stay in class and try not to take myself too seriously. That'll kill ya. ;-)

I really like the concept of Maggie (except for some of her actions,,,obviously) and sympathize with her character for the way she gets fed up. Although, the outcome is extreme, her disappointments are universal. Do you feel the dating scene is as bad as Maggie thinks it is? She really is a trooper though, she doesn't stop looking...that's for sure (laughing).

True love seems to be a pretty universal desire. The x-factor that is in serial killers is something that most people don't take into consideration during the dating process, maybe that will change for people when they start to watch the series.... don don don doooooonnnnn.

(Laughing) How long does an episode of Catch.com usually take to make? When can viewers expect to see Catch.com 4 and 5? Have you finished filming it yet? The concept (of the short Internet movies) is really light years away, you guys are really advanced, when do you see it really taking off?

James does weeks of prep before we get to production. We usually shoot en episode in a day or two. Filming is on going and James is working on a screening party that's going to have a great host and some fun surprises. I'll keep you updated on that.

What is your sign? Do you believe in horoscopes? I am an Aquarian and I do tend to be creative and free-spirited, what about you?

I'm a Pisces. I do believe in horoscopes as a tool. The symbol for Pisces is two fish swimming in opposite directions. That’s me. I go with the flow but I’m pulled in different directions.

Of the following top paid actresses, who do you aspire to if any at all: Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie or Kate Winslet?
(Publicity Shot for Bring it On Again starring Anne Judson Yager)

Those are great choices. Drew Barrymore and Kate Winslet truly inspire me. Both of them have had to overcome the "Hollywood body" image issues which is not easy to do. They've also chosen some pretty awesome projects to be a part of. I mean ET! Really? How lucky was she? And Titanic? The other actress that I love dearly is Reese Witherspoon. Man in the Moon was one of my favorite movies growing up. And Pleasantville is one of my all time favorites. I'd love to play her sister in a Ya-Ya Sisterhood kind of film.

Have you traveled to other countries in the making of any of your movies? If so, what was that like?

I shot a commercial in Spain. Now, here's the trippy part... it was an AM/PM convenient store commercial. AND they brought in palm trees to make it look like California. Hey... I wasn't asking questions.

Compare NY to LA.

NY and LA are totally different worlds. I think they speak pretty loud and clear for themselves. Really, what justice could I do to them? They are both rockin' States with so much to offer!!!

I thought about this the other day...Catch.com is really intelligent for its use of foreshadow, use of music, its quickness. What other components in your opinion make this so unique?

A female serial killer looking for love is not a concept you see every day. As time goes on you'll get the chance to see what internal struggles, wants, desires and secret talents Maggie has. She's a pretty incredible character.

You got rave reviews for your lead role in Believe In Me as well as Bring It On Again, what movie did you prefer to make? It seems like they were made around the same time, am I right? How do you balance work and family?

I made Bring it On Again in 2002 and Believe in Me in 2004. As far as family, I'm not married with kids so at the moment I have the luxury of focusing on my career.

You are very recognizable, is it difficult to go to the store without being bombarded with paparazzi? Do you have a good relationship with them? I've seen Paris treat them like her friends, are you that trusting with them?

I get along just fine with the paparazzi.

What is the "Red Carpet" like? What celebrities that you've met made your heart pitter-pat? Or, are you un-phased by all of that?

Red Carpets are fun. I shared an elevator with Sidney Poitier once. How could your heart not pitter pat for that man?

I am so lucky to have been able to interview my two favorite male actors, James Huffman and Forbes March, if you could interview your favorite male actors, who would they be?

Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp and Denzel Washington

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Married with at least one kid and on a TV show or doing a few great movies.

What are your current projects?

I have a couple of pending projects and of course, Catch.

What is your favorite clothes designer that you usually wear? Are you a T-shirt and jeans type or do you always like to dress up?

I'm a sweats and t-shirt kind of girl for the most part but sometimes I love dressing up for events or just because. When I'm feeling a little down I like to put on something fabulous and do errands. It helps my spirit immensely. It’s fun doing errands as a diva. I usually end up having a fabulous day!

What is your favorite make up splurge?

SmashBox for sure! They have a great High Definition foundation that is meant for television. They have great products.

Thank You Anne!

Thanks for making me a part of your blogging world.

No comments: